How about trying the Gua Sha massage technique? Have you never heard of it, or do you know very little about it?! We are here to show you everything you need to know about it if you want to try it. This technique has several benefits for your beauty, Including treating wrinkles and reducing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. It also plays a vital role in health, as it contributes to relaxation and relief of sinus congestion. Given the importance of the gua sha technique on the beauty and health of your skin, we will introduce you to it more in the following lines so that you may like this type of massage.
All you need to know about the Gua Sha technique benefits of gua sha massage
1- What is the Gua Sha technique?
Science from Alternative Chinese Medicine is a form of gently self-massage using natural stones such as jade. It improves the complexion, removes toxins from the body, helps increase blood circulation, and restores the natural collagen production in the face.
2- What are the aesthetic benefits of Gua Sha?
Gua Sha’s skincare technique is based on massaging the face and body in a specific way that activates the lymphatic tissues, eliminating toxins. This helps in getting soft and supple skin by increasing blood circulation. Here are its benefits:
- Boosts skin’s natural collagen production.
- Reduces the appearance of puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- It increases the strength of the skin tissues and prevents their sagging and thus helps to tighten the face.
- Relieve facial muscle tension.
- Significantly enhances skin radiance and freshness.
- Helps eliminate dark circles around the eyes.
- Treats skin pigmentation and dark spots.
- Moisturizing creams help penetrate and nourish the skin.
3- What are the health benefits of Gua Sha?
In addition to the aesthetic benefits of the gua sha technique, there are health benefits to it, including:
- Helps relieve sinus congestion.
- Contributes to relaxation and clarity of mind.
- It works to transport blood rich in nutrients and oxygen as food for skin cells to skin tissue.
- Treats temporomandibular joint disorders and migraine headaches.
4- How to apply the Gua Sha technique
Of course, you can resort to this technique at a specialized doctor and do the massage yourself at home. The Gua Sha technique requires using a flat, polished instrument that is gently rolled over the skin’s surface with light pressure to increase blood flow and stimulate the lymphatic system. Gua Sha Tool is often made with natural stones such as jade or rose quartz. All you have to do is apply natural oils, whether on the body’s skin or the face and pass the tool upward while pressing lightly without tightening.
5- How to choose tools for gua sha
- Gua sha tools come in many different shapes and sizes. The most commonly used tools that can be made use of are jade or rose quartz.
- Avoid fake acrylic tools, which can cause sensitivity and irritation to your skin.
6- Stay away from the Gua Sha technique if you are…
- You have a medical condition that affects the skin or veins.
- You are taking medications that cause blood flow.
- Are you suffering from deep vein thrombosis?
- Have a tumor or wound that has not fully healed
7- Are there any downsides to using the Gua Sha technique?
- There are no serious downsides to using the Gua Sha Tool, just a few minor bruises that will disappear. Now, consult a doctor to advise you on the appropriate treatment. Also, make sure to clean the tool well before use so that you do not face the problem of dermatitis if bacteria transfer to the skin.